Welcome to Year 3 and the Summer Term
Our teaching team includes Miss Doyle (3ED) and Miss Bailey (3RB) who are the class teachers. Mrs Austin will also be teaching us on a Friday. We also have Miss Aitken, Miss Arthington and Mrs Thomas as our year group Learning Support Assistants.
Summer Term: Belonging
Our Summer Term theme is Belonging, inspired by a range of engaging texts that will be used across our school curriculum. Many of the texts that we are using include stories full of exciting adventures, journeys, and pictures that tell a thousand words. Our Summer Bookshelf texts are:
- Three by the Sea by Mini Grey
- The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka
- The Nothing to See Here Hotel by Steven Butler
- Here We Are by Oliver Jeffers
- The Suitcase by Chris Naylor-Ballesteros
Important information for Year 3:
• This year, we will have outdoor PE on Thursday and Indoor PE on Tuesday afternoon, but the children will need to keep their PE bag in school every day so that we can use it at any time.
• We would encourage pupils to read every day to develop their love for reading Please remember to bring your Reading Record and Spelling Book every day.
- Home Learning will be sent home on a Wednesday, due for the following Monday.
- Spellings will be sent home at the start of the term and are tested in groups of 5 each Wednesday, so please ensure your Spelling book is in your bag for this.
All children have a Spelling Shed account to practise their weekly and half-termly spellings.
- All children have a TT Rockstars account to practise their 3, 4 and 8 Times Tables to ensure they have a secure understanding and recall of these facts to support their learning in school and to help build their speed and stamina in arithmetic.
Please follow us on Twitter @GorseyY3 to see all the fantastic learning that we complete and experiences we have during school throughout this term!