Welcome to Year 3
Welcome to Year 3 and the Spring Term
Our teaching team includes Miss Doyle (3ED) and Miss Bailey (3RB) who are the class teachers. Mrs Austin will also be teaching us on a Friday. We also have Miss Aitken, Miss Arthington and Mrs Thomas as our year group Learning Support Assistants.
Spring Term: Heroes
Our Spring Term theme is ‘Heroes’, inspired by a range of engaging texts that will be used across our school curriculum. Many of the texts that we are using include stories full of heroic adventures, journeys, and pictures that tell a thousand words. Our Spring Bookshelf texts are:
- How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell
- Arthur and the Golden Rope by Joe Todd Stanton
- Heroes by Jonny Marx and Gerhard Van Wyk
- Traction Man by Mini Grey
Important information for Year 3:
- This year, we will have PE on a Tuesday and Thursday but the children will need to keep their PE bag in school every day so that we can use it at any time.
- This year we will visit the school library one afternoon during the week so please remember to have your library book in your school bag. Please also remember to have your Reading Record in your bag each day.
- Home Learning will be sent home on a Wednesday, due for the following Monday. Spellings will be sent home at the start of the term and are tested in groups of 5 each Wednesday, so please ensure your Spelling book is in your bag for this.
- We would encourage pupils to read every day to develop their love for reading and practise their 3, 4 and 8 Times Tables at home to ensure they have a secure understanding and recall of these facts to support their learning in school. You can practise using TT RockStars.
Please follow us on Twitter @GorseyY3 to see all the fantastic learning that we complete and experiences we have during school throughout this term!