Welcome to Year 3!
The Year Three team includes Mrs Bell (3FB), Mrs Hampton – Joyce and Mrs Austin (3MHJ/RA) who are the class teachers. Mrs Van Spelde will also be teaching us on a Monday and a Wednesday. We also have Mrs Brickhill, Mrs Laiker, Miss Tetley and Mrs Phillips as our year group Learning Support Assistants.
Our Summer Term theme is ‘Belonging’
Our Summer Term theme is Belonging and is inspired by a range of engaging texts that will be used across our school curriculum. Many of the texts that we are using include stories full of exciting adventures, lessons about the world, and stories that aren’t always what they seem. Our Summer Bookshelf texts are:
- The True Story of the Three Little Pigs
- The Nothing to See Here Hotel
- Here We Are
- The Suitcase
- Julian is a Mermaid
Important information for Year 3:
- This year, we will have outdoor PE on Tuesday and Indoor PE on Friday afternoon, but the children will need to keep their PE bag in school every day so that we can use it at any time.
- We would encourage pupils to read every day to develop their love for reading Please remember to bring your Reading Record and Spelling Book every day.
- Home Learning will be sent home on a Wednesday, due for the following Monday.
- Spellings will be sent home at the start of the term and are tested in groups of 5 each Wednesday, so please ensure your Spelling book is in your bag for this.
- All children have a spelling shed account to practice their weekly and half-termly spellings. Passwords can be found in their home learning books.
- All children have a TT Rockstars account to practice their 3, 4 and 8 Times Tables to ensure they have a secure understanding and recall of these facts to support their learning in school and to help build their speed and stamina in arithmetic.
Please follow us on Twitter @GorseyY3 to see all the fantastic learning that we complete and experiences we have during school throughout this term!