Welcome to Year 1
Welcome to Year 1 and the Autumn Term
Our teaching team includes Mrs Ellender and Miss Hopkins (Class Teachers), Miss Tetley (Teaching Assistant) and Mrs Stevens (Associate teacher with School Centered Initial Teacher Training).
Autumn Term: Belonging…
Our Autumn Term theme is ‘Belonging’ where we will be looking at what belonging means, where we belong and learning the importance of kindness. Along the way we will be embracing new opportunities and challenging ourselves through our learning. Our Autumn Bookshelf has a selection of high quality texts to inspire our learning and promote our curiosity:
- Mrs Mole I’m Home! By Jarvis
- Home by Carson Ellis
- Odd Dog Out by Rob Biddulph
- Amazing Grace by Mary Hoffman and Caroline Binch
- Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers
- We Are Together by Britta Teckentrup
- Stick Man by Julia Donldson
- PE will be every Wednesday and Friday, but please have your PE kit in school every day as plans may change and it is crucial that all children can take part.
- Please read with your child every day to develop their reading skills and nurture their love of reading.
- School reading books will be changed on Monday and Thursday.
- Please remember to have your reading books and Reading Record in your bag every day.
- Home Learning is set on a Wednesday and is due in the following Monday.
- Spellings are given out at the start of each half-term and five spellings are tested every Wednesday. Please practise these with your child at home.
There will be lots of exciting learning going on in Year 1 this term. Please follow us on Twitter @GorseyY1 to keep up to date with all our exciting adventures.