Welcome to Year 1 and the Autumn Term
Our teaching team includes Miss Hopkins and Mrs Stevens (Class Teachers) and Miss Tetley (Teaching Assistant)
Our Autumn term theme is ‘Belonging’ where we will be looking at what it means to belong, where we belong, the importance of kindness and overcoming challenges. Along the way we will be embracing new opportunities and challenging ourselves through our learning. Our Autumn bookshelf is full of inspirational, high-quality texts which we place at the centre of our engaging curriculum. The bookshelf gives us fantastic opportunities to develop cross curricular links across all subject areas.
- Mrs Mole, I’m Home! by Jarvis
- Odd Dog Out by Rob Biddulph
- Leo and the Octopus by Isabelle Marinov
- Stick Man by Julia Donaldson
- Coming to England by Fluella Benjamin
- Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers
- We are Together by Britta Teckentrup
- PE will be every Monday and Friday, but please have your PE kit in school every day as plans may change and it is crucial that all children can take part.
- Please read with your child every day to develop their reading skills and nurture their love of reading.
- School reading books will be changed on Monday and Thursday.
- Please remember to have your reading books and Reading Record in your bag every day.
- Home Learning is set on a Wednesday and is due in the following Monday.
- Spellings are given out at the start of each half-term and five spellings are tested every Wednesday. Please practise these with your child at home.
There will be lots of exciting learning going on in Year 1 this term. Please follow us on Twitter @GorseyY1 to keep up to date with all our exciting adventures.