Welcome to Year 1
Welcome to Year 1 and the Spring Term
Our teaching team includes Mrs Ellender and Miss Hopkins (Class Teachers), Miss Tetley (Teaching Assistant) and Mrs Stevens (Associate teacher with School Centered Initial Teacher Training).
Spring Term: Courage
Our Spring Term theme is ‘Courage’ where we will be looking at what courage means and how we can show courage as we learn. Along the way we will be embracing new challenges and thinking about how we can be brave and dare to do new things even when we think we can’t. Our Spring Bookshelf is full of high quality texts that share the message of courage through how characters behave and the challenges they dare to take on succeeding when no one has done it before.
- The Lion Inside by Rachel Bright
- I am Amelia Earhart by Brad Meltzer
- Shiny Pippin and the Broken Forest by Harry Heape
- Orion and the Dark by Emma Yarlett
- When You Are Brave by Pat Zietlow Miller
- Izzy Gizmo by Pip Jones
- PE will be every Wednesday and Friday, but please have your PE kit in school every day as plans may change and it is crucial that all children can take part.
- Please read with your child every day to develop their reading skills and nurture their love of reading.
- School reading books will be changed on Monday and Thursday.
- Please remember to have your reading books and Reading Record in your bag every day.
- Home Learning is set on a Wednesday and is due in the following Monday.
- Spellings are given out at the start of each half-term and five spellings are tested every Wednesday. Please practise these with your child at home.
There will be lots of exciting learning going on in Year 1 this term. Please follow us on Twitter @GorseyY1 to keep up to date with all our exciting adventures.