Welcome to Year 1 and the Summer Term
Our teaching team includes Mrs Ellender and Miss Hopkins (Class Teachers), Miss Tetley (Teaching Assistant) and Miss Brown (Associate teacher with School Centered Initial Teacher Training).
Summer Term: Curiosity
Our Summer Term theme is ‘Curiosity’ where we will be looking at what curiosity means and how curiosity sparks our imaginations. We will use our curiosity to learn about the world around us and think about unusual or interesting things through asking questions, imagining, being creative, discovering and finding answers. Our Summer Bookshelf is full of high quality texts that share the idea of curiosity through how characters behave, and think, whilst also challenging ourselves to find out more and make a difference.
• Beegu by Alexis Deacon
• The Extraordinary Gardener by Sam Broughton
• The Darkest dark by Chris Hadfield
• Little Red Reading Hood by Lucy Rowland
• Claude in the City by Alex T. Smith
• Ada Twist Scientist by Andrea Beaty
- PE will be every Monday and Friday, but please have your PE kit in school every day as plans may change and it is crucial that all children can take part.
- Please read with your child every day to develop their reading skills and nurture their love of reading.
- School reading books will be changed on Monday and Thursday.
- Please remember to have your reading books and Reading Record in your bag every day.
- Home Learning is set on a Wednesday and is due in the following Monday.
- Spellings are given out at the start of each half-term and five spellings are tested every Wednesday. Please practise these with your child at home.
There will be lots of exciting learning going on in Year 1 this term. Please follow us on Twitter @GorseyY1 to keep up to date with all our exciting adventures.