Welcome to Year 6
Welcome to Year 6 and the Spring Term
Mr Johnson, Miss Ratcliffe and Mrs Thompson are the Year 6 Class Teachers and we are taught by Mrs Savin one afternoon a week. Other adults that help us throughout the week are Mrs Jones, Mrs Sherrington and Mrs Akhtar.
Spring Term: Hope
Our theme for the Spring Term is ‘Hope’ and our learning will be centered around exploring this idea through different texts.
Our Class Bookshelf includes
- Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo
- Footpath Flowers by JonArno Lawson and Sydney Smith
- FArTHER by Grahame Baker-Smith
- A Boy Called Hope by Lara Williamson
- Suffragette: The Battle for Equality by David Roberts
- The Book of Hopes by Katherine Rundell.
We will also be using videos from Literacy Shed to engage and inspire us, especially within our writing and English lessons.
Important Information for Year 6:
A list of spellings will be sent home to learn at the start of each half term. This contains the test date for each week’s five specific spellings.
We will be using a range of writing, images, practical activities and technology to present our learning throughout the Spring Term – keep an eye on our Twitter page (@GorseyY6) for updates along the way!