Welcome to Year 6 and the Summer Term
Mr Johnson, Miss Ratcliffe and Mrs Thompson are the Year 6 Class Teachers and we are also taught by Mr Thompson and Mrs Turrell one afternoon a week. Other adults that help us throughout the week are Mrs Jones, Mrs Sherrington and Mrs Akhtar.
Summer Term: Courage
Our theme for the Summer Term is ‘Courage’ and our learning will be centred around exploring this idea through different texts.
Our Class Bookshelf includes :
- ‘High Rise Mystery’ by Sharna Jackson
- ‘Survivors’ by David Long
- ‘The Proudest Blue’ by Ibtihaj Muhammad and S. K. Ali
- ‘The Little Yellow Leaf’ by Carin Berger
- ‘Crater Lake’ by Jennifer Killick
- ‘The Undefeated’ by Kwame Alexander and Kadir Nelson
We will also be using videos from Literacy Shed to engage and inspire us, especially within our writing and English lessons.
Important Information for Year 6:
- A list of spellings will be sent home to learn at the start of each half term. This contains the test date for each week’s five specific spellings.
- P. E. lessons will take place on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. Children should come into school in the morning in their sports kit for these sessions.
We will be using a range of writing, images, practical activities and technology to present our learning throughout the Summer Term – keep an eye on our Twitter page (@GorseyY6) for updates along the way!