Welcome to Year 4
Welcome to Year Four and the Spring Term
The Year Four team consists of Miss Ashworth (4GA) and Miss Forsythe (4PF) who are the class teachers. We also have Miss Watts, Mrs Wallwork and Mrs Hollingworth in our team.
Spring Term – Curiosity
Our Spring term theme is ‘Curiosity’ and will be driven by a range of exciting books which make up our class bookshelf.
We will be using ‘Who Let the Gods Out?’ to inspire much of our History learning about Ancient Greece, as well as our Geography learning as we will look at how Greece has changed over time. The idea of curiosity and how things aren’t always quite how they appear will be explored in our English and Reading learning by looking at the magic and possibilities within the books; ‘Pages & Co’ ‘Jumanji’ and ‘The Boy the Mole the Fox and the Horse.’ We will use the UNICEF Articles to explore how our books link to the wider world as well as exploring global matters.
Our bookshelf books are:
- Who Let the Gods Out by Maz Evans
- Jumanji by Chris Van Allsburg
- Pages and Co by Anna James
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- Flotsam by David Weisner
- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy
Important information for Year 4:
• We are timetabled to have PE twice a week, please have both your indoor and outdoor PE kit in school every day, as days may change!
• This year we will visit the school library one afternoon during the week, so please remember to have your library book in your school bag so that it can be changed.
• Home Learning is set on a Wednesday, due for the following Monday.
Spellings are set at the start of the term and will be tested in groups of 5 each Wednesday, so please also ensure that your Spelling book is in your bag for this.
There will be lots going on in Year 4 this term, so please follow us on Twitter @GorseyY4 to keep up to date with our learning!