It is our policy that all pupils wear school uniform when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. Our policy is based on the notion that school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school;
- engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school;
- is practical and smart;
- identifies the students with the school;
- is fair and makes students feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance and removes peer pressure to dress in ‘designer’ fashions;
- is regarded as suitable wear for school and good value for money by most parents/carers;
- can assist identification of strangers on school premises;
- is designed with health and safety in mind.
For more information please have a read of our Uniform Policy found at the bottom of this page.
Parents/carers are able to purchase uniform from Monkhouse (details listed below) and in the future at pop-up second hand sales. We are committed to ensuring our uniform supplier arrangements give the highest priority to cost and value for money.
Monkhouse Schoolwear – 7-8 The Precinct, Cheadle Hulme SK8 5BE/ 47 George St, Altrincham WA14 1RJ
Tel: 0161 488 3411 Web: monkhouse.com
Second hand uniform
Our PTA holds second hand uniform sales on occasion at school events. We also encourage parents/carers interested in selling unwanted school uniform and/or purchasing second hand school uniform to use the Gorsey Bank Primary School page at www.oldschooluniform.co.uk found here.